Thursday, February 15, 2007

Hello!

Hello guys! My name is Ummabdur-Rahmaan and I am FAT! I was invited to join this group even though the creator of the group had no idea I was embarking on a weight loss journey...muahahaha! Ok so a little background I suppose then the stats. I think every week we should give the status of our progress.....
I was never overweight per say but I always felt like I was. When I became pregnant with my first child I was 125. I thought I was fat but 125 at 5'6" is not fat at all. Anyway as the years have moved on, 9 years to be exact I have eaten my way to 180. Now, I had a baby in July of 2005....I went into the pregnancy at 150 (still not fat but I thought I was.) Then when my little man was 7 weeks old we evacuated from our home in New Orleans. After that I started packing on the weight like a hibernating bear....At one point I had gotten up to 200lbs. It seems like I lose it and then I gain it....OK so then with diet and exercise I made it to 170 but hubby was not very supportive, in fact he didn't even notice and I shot back to 195. So I won't go take you on the rest of the roller coaster....I am currently 180. I cry about it alot and my husband laughs at me when I cry. He would like to see me lose weight but he is happy with me the way that I am.....which does not help at all... So I have started cutting calories to knock some chunk off but it seems as if I am staying in the same place......I guess I will have to suck it up and dust off all of those exercise DVDs huh?

1 comment:

Livin_life_and loving_it said...

I think some men dont mind th eweight. I mean yes, the like thin women but they are used to us and dont care anymore. I also think they dont want the problems that come with us being on diets. I mea we haev to cut out some of their favorite food.........alot of times we gain the weight back so they feel whats the point!! This time I will not gain it back inshaallah I will be healthy to hav a nice long life for my kids.